Furthering the adoption of resolutions on Tibet and China by the European Parliament
Maintaining contact with other international organizations such as the European Commission, the Council and the United Nations and coordinated work with governmental Tibet groups in other countries.
Direct contact with the Tibetan Government in Exile and its Representatives in Europe as well as with important NGOs throughout the world.
Since 1999, the Tibet Intergroup has organized more than 49 meetings, mainly during the Plenary sessions of the European Parliament in Strasbourg. Guests have included:
- October 2005 - Members of the Assembly of Tibetan Peoples deputies.
- January 2004 - Mme. Dr. Paula Dobriansky, US Under-Secretary for Global Affairs and Tibet Special Coordinator.
- M. Kelsang Gyaltsen, envoy of His Holiness for the EU
- The Tibetan NunNgawang Snagdrol - This Tibet Intergroup has twice proposed her nomination for the Sacharow Prize
- Various Contacts with Representatives of the EU-Coordination office of Tibet in Brussels and other Representatives of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Europe
- Several meetings with Mme. Tsering Jampa from ICT (International Campaign of Tibet) who supports actively the Tibet Intergroup
- M. Tenzin D. Sewo, President, Tibetan Youth Association in Europe
- Mme. Claude B. Levenson, Journalist and Author
- M. Takna Jigme Sangpo, Political Prisoner
- M. Jean-Paul Ribes, President CSPT France
- M. Yeshe Topden, President of Gu Chu Sum Movement
- M. Joseph Serra, European Institute for Tibetan Buddhisme
- M. Paul Syska, Tibetishes Zentrum Hamburg e.V.
- Mme. Inge Reuter, Tibet Initiative Deutchland
- M. Michel Jermann, Club Tibet Strasbourg
- M. Richard Cazenave député à l'Assemblé nationale, France
- Khenpo Chimed, Monastery Management and Development Committee, Nepal
- March 1997 - Richard Gere, actor, EP in Brussels